Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sonic Youth


The '90's returned yesterday for 2 hours, and two encores last night at The Wiltern where Sonic Youth played. Kim Gordon, Thurston Moore and the rest of Sonic Youth rocked the stage with their grungy fuzz noise that increased in volume throughout the show so that by the end of the night everyone went - did it get louder??! I heard one guy in back of me say loudly "Oh my god" cause he was in grunge heaven.

There were no complaints after the show except for the heckler. The "Play Goo" guy. PLAY GOO he kept screaming. PLAY GOO. Play Goo guy was standing right in front of me and looked like he stepped out of Clerks with his stringy hair and foot long goatie that was braided. I am NOT joking. Goo, the title of the 1990 album, and song titled "My friend Goo". I don't think they played it.

Am I a magnet for jackasses at shows? At the Julian Casablancas show I was standing next to a group of Frat boys who kept boo-ing. AND at the Jarvis Cocker show the heckler that kept screaming PLAY PULP was standing in back of me. Why do people go to shows and get so demanding? If you want to hear something specific, go put the album on at home. You go to a show to see the band perform as they are. If you don't like it, please don't go.

But if you are like me and my friends - we really dug the show. My favorite tracks from the newest album, The Eternal are Antenna and Anti-Orgasm.

http://www.myspace.com/sonicyouth

Download:
Sacred Trickster

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Play POO!

 
>