Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hockey


The last time I saw Hockey they were opening at The Troubadour for The Friendly Fires. The young band had us dancing...and when I saw them on Saturday headline at Spaceland, that was all I wanted to do. Dance.

In reading reviews online and trying to find out more about them than their Oregon roots, I keep seeing comparisons to the Strokes. ???? There's a bit more Phoenix mixed with LCD Sound System - new wave pop songs with an electronic back beat that take you on a wild roller coaster. They start big, dipping low and taking you back up. There is never a lull. With each twist and turn their songs have an energy that lead singer Ben Grubin conducts his audience into a frenzy with. He's flamboyant light, sporting a feathered earing,and his high pitched voice that makes me wonder is he even old enough to have hit puberty?






http://www.myspace.com/hockey

No comments:

 
>