Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Mountain Goats


When I told my parents I was going to see The Mountain Goats my dad asked me if that was a title of a movie..um, he was confusing it with Men Who Stare At Goats. A few differences..like The Mountain Goats were actually enjoyable!

The Mountain Goats have been around since 1991. And they have proven they aren't going anywhere. Once known as a lo-fi band they are now growing as a full band, even incorporating a violin into songs and their stage set.

Their live set was long. I'm not going to lie. And their newest album The Life Of The World To Come isn't in my top list, but the history of their work still holds a dear place for me. AND - they happen to have a great stage vibe which is a huge plus for me. Seeing too many shows I really appreciate the effort a band puts in to connect with their fans. Front man Darnielle works the audience into a giggle fit with his stories of how his songs came to be, and just really seems to feel at home on that stage, even though they appear like they are the nerd crew that happened to stumble upon a very cool group of listeners.

Download:
Genesis 3:23

http://www.myspace.com/themountaingoats

No comments:

 
>