Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Landon Pigg



Seeing Landon Pigg was not on my radar two weeks ago. I had no idea who he was, nor had I ever heard of him. I was dying to see Whip It, and there he was. This adorable guy playing opposite Ellen Page. I developed a school girl crush on him. A week later I received an invite to see him play at The El Rey...and well...I had to see him live. I still hadn't even heard his music. As I started researching his album and listening to the tracks, I heard a very familiar tune - Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop from the AT&T spot that has been in heavy rotation. Even though that spot plays like crazy with such a memorable track, I still liked it. So, the adventure of finding out about Landon Pigg continues.

I find out that a new friend knows him from growing up in Nashville, so we went to the show together, and yes girls, he is just as dreamy in person as he was in Whip It. Sigh. His set was short and sweet, but he worked it. Chatting up the audience asking what they want to hear - Rock or Folk...and he decided to split up the set.

Influenced by Rufus Wainwright, The Beetles and Radiohead....I heard some Bono in his vocals. It's sweet. I enjoyed it.

Tracks I like from the album: Blue Skies, A Ghost, Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop

Download:
A Ghost


http://www.myspace.com/landonpiggmusic

No comments:

 
>