Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Surfer Blood



OK. I posted about Surfer Blood two weeks ago. I professed my love for the album. I did.

Naturally, I had to go see them play at The Echo even though I swore no more shows there. Their sound there has turned me off to great bands in the past....but I just HAD - TO - GO, and I am so glad I did!

I changed my mind on who they remind me of. I'm revising my original notes. I still think they have a little Modest Mouse but more Weezer mixed with Silversun Pickups and a dot of Vampire weekend.

These young guys are going to be big with more shows. They are so catchy! It was their first time in Los Angeles, and it was the lead singer's 19th birthday - what a way to celebrate. My favorite touch of the show was when they brought the big drum down to the audience and gave sticks to the fans to drum with. Loved it. Hoorah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
>